How many connectors are there in the BITalino Plugged?

General information about BITalino
BITalino
Site Admin

How many connectors are there in the BITalino Plugged?

Postby BITalino » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:03 am

The main board, which includes not only the MCU but also the Bluetooth and Power boards, has a total of 8 connectors (RJ22, each of them with 4 pins); 4 of these connectors conveniently expose 4 analog channels (the pinout for each plug is: 0V, 3.3V, 1.65V, and analog line), while the other 4 connectors conveniently expose the 4 digital input and the 4 digital outputs (the pinout for each plug is: 0V, 3.3V, digital in, digital out).

DavidGMarquez

Re: How many connectors are there in the BITalino Plugged?

Postby DavidGMarquez » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

Hello, as you said there are 8 connectors in my plugged board.
However if I am seeing it well there are A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 and A6 and only O1,I1,O2,I2. I suppose that only 4 of the analog channels are 10-bit and they would be A1-A4.
This is 6 analog channels and only 2 digitals.

Is possible to get a detailed schematic of the plugged board?

Regards

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: How many connectors are there in the BITalino Plugged?

Postby BITalino » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:13 pm

DavidGMarquez wrote:Hello, as you said there are 8 connectors in my plugged board.
However if I am seeing it well there are A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 and A6 and only O1,I1,O2,I2. I suppose that only 4 of the analog channels are 10-bit and they would be A1-A4.
This is 6 analog channels and only 2 digitals.

Is possible to get a detailed schematic of the plugged board?

Regards

Hello,

For the sake of size we have included only 8 connectors in the Plugged unit. Given that the analog channels are generally more used, 6 of the connectors enable you to access channels A1 - A6; from these, channels A1 - A4 are the 10-bit channels, while A5 & A6 are the 6-bit channels.

The other two connectors allow you to access 2 digital inputs (I1 & I2) and 2 digital outputs (O1 & O2). BITalino does have 2 additional inputs (I3 & I4) and 2 additional digital outputs (O3 & O4), which can be accessed by the pins with such labels available in the MCU block.

Note as well that channel A6 is shared with the battery. As of early-2014, and due to multiple requests from the community, Plugged kits have been shipping with channel A6 disconnected from the battery and connected to one of the plugs in order to allow the use of up to 6 sensors.

Should you prefer to use A6 for the battery, you need to cut the via going to the plug (it is not possible to have both a sensor and the battery level), and apply a droplet of solder to shunt the two open pads to the right of the JST connector.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “BITalino kits”