2 and 3 wire lead issue

Cables, Electrodes, Plugs, etc.
Zeriscope

2 and 3 wire lead issue

Postby Zeriscope » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Today I was working with one of our newer Bitalino kits and its 3 wire lead and the socket end pulled out while removing one of the gel contact pads.

So I went to an older kit and found that the 2 and 3 wire lead construction has changed. The newer version uses a softer type of protective material and the older version uses a much harder type of protective material.

I determined that the softer material lead to the failure of the socket end by allowing the socket to be pulled form the protective material.

Ive attached picture showing the two different versions.

Softer material: smaller stress relief at the wire entry point
IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4503.JPG (116.72 KiB) Viewed 1163 times

Harder material: more robust stress relief at the wire entry point
IMG_4504.JPG
IMG_4504.JPG (107.54 KiB) Viewed 1163 times

I have 2 units that have the softer material leads and now I am afraid that the same thing will happen to these 2 and 3 wire leads. I would like Bitalino to replace my 2 and 3 wire leads that have the softer material with the hard material lead sets?

Thank you,

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: 2 and 3 wire lead issue

Postby BITalino » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi there,

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Some time ago we changed our supplier and will file a complaint with them to prevent this from happening in the future.

In the meantime our operations team will see what we can do to support your case.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Accessories”