Enclosures

Cables, Electrodes, Plugs, etc.
norradcom@msn.com

Enclosures

Postby norradcom@msn.com » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:30 am

Hello

Which enclosure works for the Revolution Core BT board?

Thanks

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Enclosures

Postby BITalino » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:23 am

Hi,

This enclosure works for the BITalino Core:
https://store.plux.info/enclosures/58-3 ... ugged.html

You'll also find the model to print yourself here:
http://www.bitalino.com/index.php/devel ... d-printing

Note that the model has a snug fit... you may need to trim off PCB residue in-between the plugs with an x-cutter for the Core to fit.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

norradcom@msn.com

Postby norradcom@msn.com » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:15 pm

This is more than just trimming off the entry way to the enclosure.

I purchased about 40 pair from you folks. I am only able to fit one emg sensor into an enclosure. In none of the remaining enclosures can I fit any senors.

Thoughts?

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:21 pm

We should be able to arrange for replacements to be sent, although it may take some time to complete.

Please e-mail us to bitalino@plux.info with photos that we can use to open a complaint with our supplier.

Note that, as in the BITalino Core, the sensor casing have a very tight fight (its this that holds them in place).

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

norradcom@msn.com

Postby norradcom@msn.com » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:04 pm

I understand tight..

Most of these are not even close.

Some have plastic hanging half way into the enclosure.

Some you can not get the sensor in at all.

I am dealing with a customer base of 100,000+. I am about to order another core board with six eeg sensors. I need to know if you have enclosures that work or you don't. Right now, I have resorted to electrical tape.

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Send us an e-mail to confirm your shipping address and we will send you replacement casing.

Also, please confirm which sensors or actuators you want the casings for.

As you can see on our webstore, each accessory has its own enclosure, in many cases specific:
https://store.plux.info/enclosures/258-3d-printed-housing-for-sensors-actuators.html

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

norradcom@msn.com

Postby norradcom@msn.com » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:25 pm

The cost involved is not the cost of the enclosures -- it is the cost based upon the time involved to get something that is functional.

I have a suit based upon your sensors. My customer likes what he sees. But I can not show him what is inside because of the lack of enclosures. And I can not wait while you negotiate with your vendor over 50 or 100 dollars.

Do you or do you not have 3d enclosures that work with your sensors?

And as has happened in the past, when I send you folks emails, I get a response that the email has been delayed in delivery.

You have a good product. You need to step up your QA efforts.

Troy
biosension.com

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:54 pm

We understand your frustration, and believe it or not we share it as well. The sensor enclosures have been tested and have been determined to work with our hardware, otherwise we wouldn't have launched them up for sale on the store in the first place.

As you may understand, it is not easy to understand what may have happened in your particular case unless we can look at the actual parts. The best we can do is open a complaint with our supplier to request a fix, or refund you of the total amount.

If you can have access to a 3D printer (e.g. from a friend or at a local FabLab), the fastest way to address your problem is to download the models from our website and print them (eventually scaling them up for a better fit):
http://bitalino.com/index.php/development/3d-printing

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

norradcom@msn.com

Postby norradcom@msn.com » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:10 am

I have included enclosures in my new order.

If there is a difference in size per sensor, I listed numbers for each sensor type in the comment section.

Please make sure that enclosures and sensors fit

I want to be able to use your break out board with a respiration sensor that I have. Please provide tutorial on use of break out board,

If you want I can send back all old enclosures. It is easy to see why only a couple work

Thank you

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:37 am

Thank you for your understanding. We would greatly appreciate if you could indeed send us the old parts.

We haven't finished a data sheet for the ProtoBIT breakout board yet, but the main things to know are:

> None of the vias are connected between them
> There is a line of 5 pins that breaks out each wire on the UC-E6 cable
> GND pin is 0V
> VCC pin is 3.3V
> REF pin is 1.65V
> OUT pin should be the output

In case you have any further questions, just let us know.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Accessories”