Resurrection Pro Mini

MCU, Firmware, etc.
manmen9

Resurrection Pro Mini

Postby manmen9 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello,
In this topic
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=409&p=1246&hilit=ressurection#p1246
it's showed the Arduino Pro Mini footprint with the pins used by the BItalino sensors and for our project some of those pins should be used by other sensors or boards, for example we need the digital ports MISO, MOSI and SCK, and the analog ports with I2C connection protocol.
Regarding this:
1. Do the BItalino sensors specifically use those pins or can I change them?
2. Is there a version of the BItalino firmware written to Arduino?
2.1 If there is not, should I be concerned about something when duplicating the BItalino firmware to Arduino?

Thanks,
Manuel Mendonça

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Resurrection Pro Mini

Postby BITalino » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi Manuel,

1. You're can change the channels to what you find more suitable for your particular case

2. Not for the time being; we do have an API for the Arduino, which may be a helpful starting point; as it has the data frames unpacking, may you can re-use part of the code to do the opposite:
https://github.com/BITalinoWorld/arduino-api

3. When we first started working in BITalino we our initial idea was to use the Arduino as MCU, but we faced several performance issues (e.g. the sampling rate was not very accurate for the most demanding cases); if your application is not very time critical (e.g. if the data won't be used for spectral analysis) it shouldn't be too big of a problem

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Microcontroller”