ACC Calibration Values in recorded files?

Connection, ECG, EMG, EDA, etc.
an.ng

ACC Calibration Values in recorded files?

Postby an.ng » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi,

I need the Cm, CM to convert the ACCb to ACC real values but I do not have the actual calibration values. Are the Cm, CM calibration values saved somewhere in the h5 files that I can retrieve and use? Thanks.

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: ACC Calibration Values in recorded files?

Postby BITalino » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi there,

Many thanks for the preference for BITalino. The calibration values change slightly for each chip... you can determine the values for your sensor by slowly rotating the accelerometer in a way that forces each accelerometer’s axis to rotate 360º.

From the resulting signals you can determine the maximum and minimum values, although you'll want to smooth the data first to prevent outlier peaks from biasing the calibration. You can see an example of the raw and filtered rotation time series for the Z axis in the figure presented in:
http://bitalino.com/datasheets/REVOLUTION_ACC_Sensor_Datasheet.pdf

Hope you found this information useful. In case you have any further questions we can help with regarding this or any other topics, just let us know and we'll do our best to support.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

an.ng

Postby an.ng » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your prompt response. I don't have access to the device so I am afraid this is not the solution. I only have the recorded signals, I notice that opensignals converts and displays the recording in the range -2g/2g. So I believe the max and min values are saved somewhere in the h5 files, aren't they?

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi,

The accelerometer range is ±3g and OpenSignals uses indeed a set of reference values for visualisation purposes. If you're planning to use your results for a scientific project or publication, it would be recommended for your to regain access to the device and accelerometer to derive the calibration values (or have someone with access to the parts do that for you).

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Sensors”