Problems with C# API

Python, Java, Android OS, etc.
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Problems with C# API

Postby uha666 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:33 pm


I'm building a project for testing all the bitalino sensors using the c# API and although i've made a EMG script to detect a trigger to work properly i cannot make anything work right using the ECG sensor.

The signal just goes all over the place and doesn't appear like a ECG signal at all.

I started by using the raw values but from what i can tell i have to filter the signal using a low pass filter and a butterworth filter.

Is there any example of this working right in c#? cause all the code i can find is explaining how to do it in python and i can't seem to convert it.


Site Admin
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: Problems with C# API

Postby BITalino » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi there,

Please check that you are getting data from the ECG sensor... some kits have a slightly different channel mapping; it's always better to double check.

The best would be for you to plot the signal on a graphic (e.g. using OpenSignals) or store it on file to review offline.

Also, confirm that the sensor placement follows the recommendations found here:

Another potential cause may be electromagnetic noise; please refer to the following thread for some useful tips:

As for the filter in C#, there are a number of implementations that you should be able to use as a base. Here are some for your reference:

Hope you find this information useful. In case you have any further questions just let us know.

If in the end you have any resources that may be useful for other BITalino users, it would be great if you could share those with community.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Programming APIs”