Anyone having issues with Unity API?

Python, Java, Android OS, etc.
TA-TSC

Re: Anyone having issues with Unity API?

Postby TA-TSC » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:36 pm

I have the box strapped to a jacket so it was quite difficult getting a picture with all the sensors in view. I have marked the cables;

blue - Respitory band
green - Skin conductance (EDA)
pink - Pulse rate sensor

http://imgur.com/a/qYrGf

I would show you a screenshot of the application in Unity, but the board isn't connecting (getting and message within the editor that it can't find the device even though it appears through windows)

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:33 pm

The connection of the EDA to the person's body? The Unity API connects via the Virtual COM Port, which may change whenever you pair the device.

Nevertheless you were mentioning issues when using OpenSignals as well... I'd suggest you first try to reach a viable setup working with OpenSignals.

The Bluetooth adapter is also an important part. If you're using the internal adapter please try lowering the sampling rate and/or number of channels.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

TA-TSC

Postby TA-TSC » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 am

The EDA is connected to the user's body; at the moment the I'm using the index and middle finger (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135)

When I connect through OpenSignals, the pulse rate and respiration is set to analog and the EDA is set to EDA. I start recording and get signals for the first two but not EDA. There's just a straight flat line for EDA. I tried switching different ports (A1 to A4) but I am getting not signal. I am using the bluetooth adapter provided and it's connected to a computer. I tried lowering the sample rate but that doesn't seem to do anything other than changing the line graph size for the pulse rate and respiration.

This is with the Bitalino right place right next to the computer by the way, so I don't think it's a range issue.

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,

Please try with the channel type set to RAW on OpenSignals.

Confirm also that the cables are properly connected (the sensor connection cable on the side of the sensor that has 4 pins).

Another test you should do is to check if the problem is the electrode cable. You can use for example the 3-lead with only red and black).

If this doesn't work send us an email and we'll have replacement parts shipped to you.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

TA-TSC

Postby TA-TSC » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:50 pm

I have changed the setting to RAW instead of EDA. The bar is still set to 0, although I've found that if I put my thumb over the EDA circuit board, that changes the value for the skin conductance. The moment I take my thumb off, it goes back down to zero. This is with the electrodes attached.

I have tried swapping the cables around (used the 3-lead cable) but that doesn't make much of a difference.

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks for your patience with all these tests. Send us an email to bitalino@plux.info with the MAC address of your device or with the order number and we'll send you a replacement sensor.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Programming APIs”