I am having some issues connecting the BitAlino to the Unity engine. I have followed the video tutorial that was posted in the other thread. The issue I am having is the BitAlino is not being connected. My method is as follows:
1. Plug the supplied bluetooth adapter into a USB 2.0 Port
2. Clicked on the bluetooth icon in the Windows taskbar and clicked "Show Bluetooth Devices"
3. The computer can detect the BitAlino and I can input the "1234" code to connect to it
4. I then go into "Devices and Printers" and take note of the BitAlino's COM port number
5. Launch the Bitalino project folder that comes with the Unity API.
6. I change the COM port so that it matches exactly to the one found in "Devices and Printers" i.e. COM6
7. Press the play button in Unity
When Unity runs, I get an error message within the console telling me that it couldn't connect the BitAlino, and that the COM port specified is not open. I've tried this on one other computer and a laptop. The specs on my machine:
-Intel Xeon E5-2620
- 32GB RAM
- GeFORCE Titan X
- OS: Windows 10 Version 10 Build 10240
The other PC is the same specs and the laptop is an Alienware laptop, the specifications of which I'm not certain but the OS is Windows 10 Version 1607 build 14393.187. Each of the machines have a version of Unity running.
When I received the BitAlino I was running Unity 5.3 and it ran fine, even after the project upgrade that Unity does. I later updated to Unity 5.4.1f1 and it also worked fine the day before yesterday. When I try loading it today, it doesn't work. Nothing has changed on my PC since. The second PC is running 5.4.0p4 and doesn't work. The laptop is running the same Unity version but works for some reason.
Did anyone else have problems with the BitAlino and getting it to work with Unity? Is there an updated version of the API somewhere? I understand that was made in 2014 but not sure if the author has updated it since.