Feature Request -- autosave

Functionality, Add-ons, etc.
Marius

Feature Request -- autosave

Postby Marius » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Dear Bitalino-Team,

I've used the Bitalino with several classes during the last few months. Overall, it worked great. However, one missing feature has cost us some (indeed, quite a lot) data: After the measurement, it's quite easy to (accidentally) close the Open Signals software, and all data is lost. It would be great if an autosave feature (maybe with a checkbox that is remembered over session) could be implemented, so before the app exits, the data is saved in any case (maybe with a timestamp as filename). For myself, I've gotten aware of the problem, but with students, every student team had to learn it the hard way (of course I told them, but ...).

Thanks for your great device & software!
Marius

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request -- autosave

Postby BITalino » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Marius,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. We're just releasing a new version of the OpenSignals software that has a shared codebase with our professional product line; you can download it at: http://bitalino.com/index.php/software

This new version has a popup message to prompt the user to save the file, and it also creates a file called dados_temp.txt under the installation folder, which contains all the data from your last recording session. This file is only deleted when you start a new recording session.

Hope this answers your request... do feel free to contact us for any further question you may have.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Marius

Re: Feature Request -- autosave

Postby Marius » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:01 am

That's great news, thanks! :-)

Return to “Features”