Condition on digital input

Functionality, Add-ons, etc.
Von Duesenberg

Condition on digital input

Postby Von Duesenberg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi,

I was surprised to realize that in OpenSignals - unless I missed something - you can't apply a condition to a digital input.

I have the BTN connected to I1, and I was hoping that pressing the button would allow me to emulate a mouse click or some key press. The mouse click would in turn start and stop an audio recording program, which would allow me to (post-)synchronize an audio signal with the corresponding biosignal from the Bitalino.

Is it really not possible to do this in OpenSignals?

Could anyone please suggest a simple alternative solution?

Thanks!

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Condition on digital input

Postby BITalino » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi there,

We do have a software add-on for OpenSignals that should help you achieve your goals... please send us the MAC address of your device by e-mail to bitalino@plux.info and we'll make it available for you.

The alternative is to use one of the programming APIs available on our website, and create you own software application in a language of choice to emulate events based on thresholding of the digital input:
http://bitalino.com/index.php/development/apis

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Von Duesenberg

Postby Von Duesenberg » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:53 am

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Von Duesenberg

Postby Von Duesenberg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi!
(Congratulations for the cool features you made available for your 10th anniversary!).
So I've downloaded and installed the latest version of OpenSignals, connected the BTN to the I1 input and tried to apply a condition whereby a button press would trigger a left button mouse event through the action features plug-in.
I must be missing something... but I failed to achieve this.
Could you please help me with this?
Thanks.

mmagalhaes

Postby mmagalhaes » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 am

Hi there,

if you are using a bitalino, you just have to set the condition (I1<1 since this input is set, by default to 1). Therefore, you should fill the "Low" box with the value "1". Please see the file attached.

The best regards
Attachments
action.png
action.png (12.95 KiB) Viewed 1400 times

Von Duesenberg

Postby Von Duesenberg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 am

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. That's exactly what I did in the first place, but I keep getting an error: 'Actions' object has no attribute 'keepCount'.
Any idea why I get this?
Thanks.

Return to “Features”