Build my own Button

For problems with the BITalino hardware
Pit

Build my own Button

Postby Pit » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi Guys,

im new here and i should to apologize for my english first.
so...

i build own button under the follow plan
button.jpg
button.jpg (39.64 KiB) Viewed 2654 times

My Problem is, i used a 50kΩ but i see sough on the other inputs.

so.. my first Question is:
a) How big shoud the resitors are?
b) How coud i build a digital Button?
c) What is a VSS
d) Have any a electrical wiring diagram of the Board?

This is my first Time using a Board :D, and im lucky not toastet yet :D

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Build my own Button

Postby BITalino » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi there,

First of all we'd like to thank you for your preference and for the good mood :lol:

To connect a pushbutton to an analog port (e.g. A1) it should work by simply connecting VCC to one of button terminals and A1 to the other.

Regarding your questions:

a) Unlike when you're working with LEDs (where you need a current limiting resistor), for the button you shouldn't need any resistors
b) By default the digital ports are in a pull-up state... to connect a button to these channels you'll simply need to connect GND to one of the button terminals and Ix to the other (Ix being your digital input of choice; x=1,2,3,4)
c) VSS is a midpoint voltage (VCC/2) used as a reference for the signal conditioning circuit on sensors with a differential principle (± components)
d) We can send the diagram for the blocks of your interest; please contact us by e-mail to bitalino@plux.info

Do let us know how these suggestions work out for you, and if you need any additional support from our part, just let us know.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Pit

Postby Pit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:58 pm

thx for the nice recaption.

Your description is very helpfull, thanks a lot!

To connect a pushbutton to an analog port (e.g. A1) it should work by simply connecting VCC to one of button terminals and A1 to the other.

a) Unlike when you're working with LEDs (where you need a current limiting resistor), for the button you shouldn't need any resistors

If I do that, i will see sough on other Analoginputs. What will be the best way to shield the other Analoginputs? (why I have used the 50kΩ to soothe the other Analog inputs.)

b) By default the digital ports are in a pull-up state... to connect a button to these channels you'll simply need to connect GND to one of the button terminals and Ix to the other (Ix being your digital input of choice; x=1,2,3,4)

Great i will test it ;)

d) We can send the diagram for the blocks of your interest; please contact us by e-mail to bitalino@plux.info

Thanks for the offer , I'm going to ask wenn i need it

Thanks for Help!

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi there,

Have we understood correctly that you're seeing the pushbutton signal propagated through the other analog inputs?

All analog inputs have pull down resistors to prevent crosstalk between channels; when you have sensors connected to the analog inputs the pushbutton signal shouldn't appear.

If you have the chance please send us a sample data file and a photo of the overall setup you're using.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Pit

Postby Pit » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:01 pm

your wish is my command :D

crosstalk.jpg
crosstalk.jpg (82.4 KiB) Viewed 2511 times

opensignals_crosstalk.jpg
opensignals_crosstalk.jpg (122.3 KiB) Viewed 2508 times

AVCC without Resistances closed to Ai (Input)

And annexed the Files:
Attachments
crosstalk.zip
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Many thanks... given that BITalino uses a multiplexed analog-to-digital converter internal to the MCU, when no sensors are connected to channels adjacent to the one where the change in the input occurs (a.k.a. "floating" channels), some level of crosstalk may be somehow expected / "normal".

This being said, with the pushbutton on A1 and a sensor connected to A2 the variation you currently see should be minimal.

Furthermore, given that the button has a binary state, perhaps it would be more suitable to use it on the digital input ports (Ix), in which case the issue you are now experiencing should be resolved. Let us know how this works out for you, and if you have further questions we'll be on this end to support.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Pit

Postby Pit » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello,

after the helpfull Answers, I changed my Build and i use the DigitalInputs now. Thanks for Help!

Best Regards,
Pit

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Pit,

Its always a pleasure to be of assistance. In case you have any further questions, do let us know.

Looking forward to see your BITalino-powered creations ;)

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Troubleshooting”