BITadroid known problems on specific android devices

For problems with the OpenSignals software
RonS

BITadroid known problems on specific android devices

Postby RonS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 am

Moto G 2015 - (1) This smart phone runs the app correctly when running Android 4.4.1 but not when running Android 5.1 or later. This smart phone does not have a "colon" character on the onscreen keyboard so the MAC address for the Bluetooth interface cannot be entered. This problem is difficult to identify because the "colon" appears on the keyboard but is grey rather than black because this economy smart phone uses an abbreviated 28 key keyboard rather than the full keyboard used on the Moto X. Users have made fixes by deleting Android 5.1 or 6.1 then reloading Android 4.4.1 in order to restore the colon. App developers have made new apps on GooglePlay Store entitled "Motorola Keyboard". The Android forums just state that users should contact Motorola about the problem.

22 April 2016 correction 1: Verified Bitalino board MAC address as printed on the printed sheet supplied with the board ie not
" 98:d3:31:b3:bc:d5 " using a free app entitled " MAC Address Finder " from GooglePlay Store. This free app listed all alphabet characters in capital letters. When BITadroid was restarted and the MAC address was entered with all capital letters then the app started and recording was done as advertised. ### If you get an "Invalid MAC address" notification when starting the BITadroid app for recording then try all capital letters.
The BITadroid app had also failed and displayed "Invalid MAC address" when tried on a Samsung Tab S2 but worked correctly today when all capital letters were used to enter the MAC address of the Bitalino board.

22April 2026 correction 2: Further internet research plus trial and error on the Moto G 2015 keyboard verified that Motorola and Android 5.1 and 6.0 updates have fixed the missing colon problem on the keyboard as follows: The colon is still grey but press snd hold for at least a second then release and a colon correctly appears.

DavidGMarquez

Re: BITadroid known problems on specific android devices

Postby DavidGMarquez » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:56 am

Hello Rons

Here David, the developer of BitraDroid.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the app and thanks for your research in trying to solve the problem, I am sure that it will be useful for other people with the same problem.

Regardings the MAC address as you said is necessary to use the capital letters. I will put on the to-do list to automatically convert the letters to capitals but sadly lately I am quite busy so I don't now when I will update the app, but thanks for pointing that. Moreover, I think that I will change the code also to accept other delimiters like dots or semicolons so that will help also with the colon problem.

Regards

RonS

Re: BITadroid known problems on specific android devices

Postby RonS » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks for addressing the MAC address capital letters issue in a future procedure. The same issue exists for PluxDroid. So far, Bitalino works as advertised and several recordings have verified BITadroid and PluxDroid except that the recordings stop at various times and I suspect my HP Pavillion 15t laptop, Samsung S2 tablet and Moto G 2015 bluetooth links get interrupted during ECG recordings as I move around. All Bluetooth dongles and built-in Bluetooth capabilities are not equal. I can understand other forum comments asking about using a hardwired USB solution. I will post in the correct topic if I discover a good ambulatory solution. Thanks again for the excellent Bitalino system and the continuing support.

Return to “Troubleshooting”