class SignalsDev has no attribute 'findDevices'

For problems with the OpenSignals software
gregaj314

class SignalsDev has no attribute 'findDevices'

Postby gregaj314 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm

I am a new Bitalino user trying to run OpenSignals Windows 32-bit (v.2016) on an old laptop, running Windows XP Pro with a generic Bluetooth Dongel.
I keep getting this error message (class SignalsDev has no attribute 'findDevices') when I click on the magnifying glass icon to run the 'FIND AND CONFIGURE YOUR DEVICES' option. I tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the software only to have the same problem. I am able to successfully install the Windows (v.2014) OpenSignals and begin logging ECG data without any problem,  so I don't understand why the 2016 version is giving this error message.

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: class SignalsDev has no attribute 'findDevices'

Postby BITalino » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi there,

OpenSignals v.2016 uses a different version of the libraries to access the device, hence the different behaviours.

We'll looking into this question to see if anything can be done, but Windows XP is becoming more of a legacy system and its hard for us to commit resources to support modern and legacy systems alike.

Considering that you already have a viable configuration using OpenSignals v.2014 we'd suggest you use that one.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “Troubleshooting”