Bitalino FreeStyle Pin Connection

Manuals & Documentation for BITalino
akumiro

Bitalino FreeStyle Pin Connection

Postby akumiro » Sun May 08, 2016 4:51 am

Dear all,
Would anyone please help understand how to correctly connect a bitalalino Free style kit? The user manual that is provided on the bitalino official website is very lacking. It seems to me that it wasn't written for a technical audience. I have watched the video on youtube about the bitalino freestyle, but they also cannot help. Thus, I am asking if anyone is willing to share how he connects the MCU, the Bluetooth and the PWB together. Please be specific. Say which pin connect to which if possible. I am asking this question because I have been frustrated with countless of hours spent on something I would consider very basic and which should have been provided in the user manual to begin with.
P.S - I apologize in advance if this information has already been posted or if it is otherwise published elsewhere. I have been looking around the web but I was unable to find the information.
Regards,

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Bitalino FreeStyle Pin Connection

Postby BITalino » Sun May 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi,

Apologies in advance for the lack of documentation on this particular topic, and also for the issues that you are experiencing.

The MCU, PWR and BT blocks are designed to sit on top of each other, and essencial connections to be made are:

[PWR > MCU]
AVCC > AVCC
VSS > VSS
AGND > AGND
DVCC > DVCC
DGND > DGND
ABAT > A6 (optional, only if you want to have battery level information)

or (in some models)

AVCC > AVCC
REF > REF
GND > GND
DVCC > DVCC
ABAT > ABAT

[BT > MCU]
DGND > DGND
STAT > STAT
DVCC > DVCC
TX > RX
RX > TX
NC (leave unconnected)

or (in some models)

RTS > CTS
RX > TX
TX > RX
DVCC > DVCC
CTS > GND
GND > GND

Hope you find this information useful... in case you continue to experience any issues please contact us by e-mail.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

akumiro

Re: Bitalino FreeStyle Pin Connection

Postby akumiro » Sun May 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Dear Bitalino Team,
Thanks a lot for this help!

Return to “Manuals & Documentation”