Unable to use the com port of the BlueTooth connection

Bluetooth, USB, UART, Storage, etc.
Bonga

Unable to use the com port of the BlueTooth connection

Postby Bonga » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi,

I have a problem, after connection with the bitalino Bluetooth module (pairing goes OK) i get two com ports. But I am unable to connect to the com port. It previously worked perfectly on this computer. When I open the BT properties of the Bitalino there is no service listed (there should be a Serial port (SPP) dev).

On another PC this module works fine, but on another PC i have the same problem as described above.

Has somebody a solution for this problem?

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: Unable to use the com port of the BlueTooth connection

Postby BITalino » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi there,

We have created a Bluetooth troubleshooting guide, which has been made available here:
http://www.bitalino.com/docs/Bluetooth_Troubleshoot.pdf

Let us know if any of the proposed solutions works out for you; if not we'll seek to provide additional support.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Bonga

Postby Bonga » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the options of the troubleshooting guide. But the result is still the same.

I also tried another BT dongle on the computer with the same result. I get two com ports in the windows device manager but it is not possible to open the com port (there is no Serial port (SPP) dev listed in the BT properties of the device)

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Are you using a Bluetooth or BLE device? If using Bluetooth, just to confirm your configuration, please install the latest version of OpenSignals available for download on our website.

Without fiddling too much with the Bluetooth settings search for devices in range on OpenSignals (magnifying glass icon) and confirm that the MAC address of your device appears.

If the device appears it should become active automatically (if you only have one device), otherwise click to enable it. Afterwards press record.

Let us know in case any error message pops up at any time along these steps so we can have further information to support you with.

Thanks,
The BITalino Team

Return to “I/O”