How to output data captured by biosensors as PWM signals?

Bluetooth, USB, UART, Storage, etc.
nan007

How to output data captured by biosensors as PWM signals?

Postby nan007 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 am

Hi,

I'm using my BITalino (r)evolution Plugged Kit BLE with OpenSignals (OS is Windows 10 Pro), and I mentioned the board can output PWM signals (but just output what I input manually) through setting in OpenSignals. If the data captured by biosensors can be output as PWM signals in real time, it will be very helpful for my project.

Thanks!

BITalino
Site Admin

Re: How to output data captured by biosensors as PWM signals?

Postby BITalino » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 am

Hi,

First of all we'd like to thank you for your preference for BITalino. Currently OpenSignals only allows manual control of the PWM output using the slider in this portion of the UI:
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 09.14.40.png
PWM Slider
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 09.14.40.png (13.67 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Nevertheless, using our APIs, you can easily develop your own code to control the PWM dynamically based on one of the inputs (or your own rules). Se this example for the Python API:
http://bitalino.com/pyAPI/#bitalino.BITalino.pwm

An important details, as for sure you are aware, is that the analog inputs have 10- or 6-bit resolution, while the PWM output has 8-bit resolution. If you write your own code, you'll need to take this into account.

Hope you found this information useful to help you complete the goals you're pursuing. In case you have any further questions we can help with, just let us know.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

nan007

Postby nan007 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am

Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm trying to use Arduino API now, but I met a problem when I tried the test application.
I haven't edited sketch of the app.
I don't know if I connected the circuit correctly so I put it here:
(the red one is Sparkfun Bluetooth Mate Gold)

nan007

Postby nan007 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 am

Maybe there is a problem with communication?
I tried to communicate with MCU without any API(use BLE and terminal) but I can't.
When I turn on the MCU, I receive "AT". After that, nothing changed except the white LED blinks faster whatever I input.

BITalino
Site Admin

Postby BITalino » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,

The LED blinking faster means that the MCU is at least receiving the command to begin acquisition. Please refer to the following thread on our forum and confirm that the CTS input pin of the BITalino (r)evolution MCU UART interface is connected to GND or to an RTS output from Raspberry Pi.
http://forum.bitalino.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=458

Given the setup that you are using, another option is to simply use the Arduino as the MCU... you can use the PWR module on BITalino, the line of UC-E6 plugs as breakout for the sensors and connect the AX pins on the UC-E6 plug to the analog inputs on the Arduino.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

mmagalhaes

Postby mmagalhaes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi,

please make sure CTS input pin of the BITalino (r)evolution MCU UART interface is connected to GND, otherwise the BITalino will not allow data output from UART TX.

Best regards,
The BITalino Team

Return to “I/O”